Financial Statement Fraud: Strategies for Detection and Investigation
High profile cases of financial statement fraud have been dominating the news recently, causing people to question the accuracy of the financial information made available by companies. This course provides an invaluable context for understanding financial statement fraud, it is designed for those who regularly review and evaluate financial statements. Auditors, both internal and independent, will benefit from an enhanced understanding of what the numbers mean and the increased ability to detect indicators of fraud.
This two-day, instructor-led course also discusses the fraud-related responsibilities of financial professionals and provides you with practical techniques to detect financial statement manipulation.
You Will Learn How To:
- Recognize the most common financial statement fraud schemes
- Identify the red flags of financial statement fraud
- Detect fraud using audit procedures
- Address issues that might affect discussion and analysis of the financial statements
- Understand the fraud implications of emerging issues in financial reporting
- Identify the most common or emerging schemes involving the preparation and issuance of fraudulent financial statements.
- Understand the references to the pertinent international accounting standards that were violated in the preparation of the fraudulent financial statements, since it is critical to prove that the statements violate the principles that they purport to conform to in order to prove fraud.
- Understand a wide range of detection tools, from the simplest of ratios to complex analyses and tests, as well as fraud indicators.
- Identify auditor liability, presented as a tool for investigators in assessing whether an auditor has liability for failing to detect fraud, as well as for auditors, as a tool for minimizing their risctk of failure to detect fraudulent financial reporting.
- Significantly use actual cases to illustrate many of the fraud schemes .
|24th – 26th March 2015||3 Days||Canton Concourse Building, 12 Landbridge Avenue, Oniru Estate, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria|