The Most Used (and Liked) Marketing Tactics by Local Affiliates222 views
Traditional marketing tactics remain some of the most used and well-liked channels by the local affiliates of US companies, according to a recent report from BrandMuscle.
The report was based on data from a survey of hundreds of local affiliates—dealers, agents, and franchisees—of companies in the United States across a range of industries.
Overall, coupons remain the most employed tactic by respondents (83% say they use the tactic), followed by direct mail (81%) and local events (79%).
Local event marketing is the tactic with the highest satisfaction rate (80% of businesses that employ it are satisfied), followed by coupons (77%).
Email is the fourth most used and third most well-liked digital channel (72% use; 76% are satisfied).
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- Respondents say traditional media outlets (newspapers, magazines, radio, television, yellow pages, coupons, and billboards) continue to play a significant role in their marketing strategies.
- Newspapers and radio receive the largest share of spend on traditional media (15% and 12% of total marketing spend this year, respectively).
- Coupons and billboards get the highest marks among traditional media for effectiveness (with ratings of 118 and 111, respectively, on the report’s satisfaction index, with 100 being the the average satisfaction for all media tactics).
- Marketing via websites is the most used digital tactic after email, although 28% of local affiliate respondents say they still do not have their own separate site.
- Respondents who do not use various digital tactics overwhelmingly say they are hesitant because these channels are “too complicated or time-consuming.”