Document Management System
- Organizations produce piles of documents, images and other information manually/ electronically. The location of this information is a time consuming task
- Users tend to file papers in multiple cabinets and to save documents in folders on their own computers.
- Nobody knows what information is across the company and what information is needed
- Locating document is time consuming and sometime an impossible task
What is DMS
Document management, often referred to as Document Management Systems (DMS), is the use of a computer system and software to store, manage and track
electronic documents and electronic images of paper based information captured through the use of a document scanner
Document management systems provide a means to incorporate standard physical document filing practices electronically. These include: Storage location Security and access control Version control Audit trails Check-in/check-out and document lock down
Benefits of DMS
- DMS is a highly valuable repository of corporate information assets to facilitate knowledge creation and improve business decision making.
- Improved productivity through shared practices
- Greater cost reduction from duplication of documents
- Better customer and vendor relations
- Shortened document search time and thus improve productivity and decision-making
- DMS frees your staff from the drudgery of bulk paper filing and intuitive additional tools help streamline work processes even further.
- Powerful filing flexibility – the same document can be filed under several references such as Name, Document Number and Date – not possible with paper documents or computer files unless copies are made.
Please download the documents below for more details.