How Much Bloggers Charge to Publish Sponsored Content446 views
Fully two-thirds (67%) of bloggers say paid sponsored/branded content is their most profitable revenue generator, according to a recen they use an advertising network, only 17% say it is their biggest revenue source.
Most bloggers surveyed (60%) charge fees to work with brands or publish sponsored content. Fees range from $25 to $500 for most brand marketing activities, including reviews, giveaways, online events, posting sponsored content, and blogging on a brand’s behalf.
The Blogosphere Study surveyed 120 bloggers in various verticals, including DIY, fashion, parenting, travel, entertainment, and lifestyle. Below, additional key findings.
t report from Zig Marketing.
Moreover, though 90% of bloggers say
- Blogs are small; most blogs receive less than 25,000 monthly unique visitors (UVs).
- 61% of blogs have less than 25,000 monthly UVs. Generally, the longer a blog has been active, the larger its audience is.
- Not surprisingly, the larger the blog is, the more it charges to publish sponsored/branded content.
Why They Blog
- Only 26.9% of bloggers surveyed said their primary motivation was to generate revenue.
- Blogging as a hobby (28.6%) was the most popular response. Sharing experiences (22.7%) and sharing expertise (15.1%) were also key motivators.
- Most bloggers are not primarily motivated by money, but 86% do generate revenue from blogging.
- The top three ways that bloggers generate revenue are paid sponsored/branded content (92%), advertising networks (90%), and blog sponsorships (68%).
About the research: The report was based on an online survey conducted by email from May 6 to 19, 2013. The 120 respondents were from a variety verticals, including DIY, fashion, parenting, travel, entertainment, and lifestyle.