How Moms Use Smartphones to Shop175 views
Moms are using their smartphones throughout the shopping process both online and in stores, according to a recent report from BabyCenter.
The survey of 1,000 moms in the US who own smartphones found the majority of moms use their devices to get product ideas (55% say they do so), compare product features (56%), get product recommendations (58%), compare prices (68%), and find coupons/deals (59%).
Nearly half (49%) of the moms surveyed say they also use their smartphones to decide where to buy.
Below, additional key findings from the report.
- 54% of moms who shop with their phones have used their devices to look at clothes/shoes/accessories.
- 43% have used their phones to shop for toys/books/games for children.
- 38% have shopped for food items on their phones.
- 34% of respondents say they sometimes use their phones to shop in stores, and 29% say they often do.
- Of those moms who use their phones in stores, 73% have comparison shopped while at a mass merchandiser location.
Top Shopping Apps
- 46% of the moms surveyed say Amazon is their favorite shopping app.
- 9% say the Target Cartwheel app is their favorite.